Chia seeds are the edible seeds of Salvia Hispanica, a flowering plant in the mint family native to United States and Mexico. • Chia is an ancient Mayan word meaning ‘Strength’ and rightly named as these tiny black seeds are known for their ability to provide sustainable energy and are one of the most nutritious foods on our planet. GOODB chia seeds are of premium quality, superior nutritional value, are 100% raw and natural. GOODB chia seeds are tested against industry’s quality parameters. Available in a pack of 200 grams, these premium quality seeds are sold in a food safety pouch and are hygienically packed in a unit that meets global food safety standards. Dried chia seeds contain 6% water, 42% carbohydrates, a high content of dietary fiber, 16% protein, and 31% fat. The seeds are rich in several dietary minerals, including calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, and zinc. It is an excellent source of Omega 3-fatty acids. Chia seeds as part of a healthy eating may help improve cardiovascular risk factors such as lowering cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure. Chia seeds may be added to other foods as a topping or put into smoothies, breakfast cereals, energy bars, granola bars, yogurt, tortillas, and bread. They also may be made into a gelatin-like substance or consumed raw. In Mexico, a drink called chia fresco is made by soaking chia seeds in fruit juice. Adding the consumption of 20 grams chia seeds to your daily routine is essential.
Benefits Of Chia Seed:-
- Powerhouse of Nutrients
- Helps in weight loss
- Promotes better bone health
- Promotes growth of healthy gut bacteria.
- Rich in bioactive compounds
- Boosts brain power
Chia Seed Uses:
- Mix with water or almond milk to make a chia pudding.
- Add to smoothies or juices for added nutrition.
- Use as a thickening agent in sauces and dressings.
- Mix with water to make a natural egg substitute for baking.
- Sprinkle on top of toast with nut butter or avocado for added texture and nutrition.