KNOW THE 9 SUNFLOWER SEEDS BENEFITS FOR HEALTH, SKIN, AND HAIR
The sunny yellow blooms of sunflowers are not only beautiful but also have a history rooted in healing. The seeds of the sunflower are well-known for their medicinal properties and are potent in preventing and treating anxiety, arthritis, insomnia, hypertension, etc. Additionally, the sunflower seeds extend benefits for the skin, hair, and overall wellbeing.
What Makes Sunflower Seeds Super Seeds?
The sunflower seeds nutrition includes monosaturated and polysaturated fats, vitamin B and E, manganese, zinc, iron, phosphorus, and many other minerals. They are abundant in fibre content. Daily consumption of sunflower seeds in raw form, meals, or desserts can fuel the body with the required value of proteins, carbohydrates, and other essentials. The high nutritional value makes sunflower seeds "super seeds."
The Many Advantages of Sunflower Seeds
- Boosts Immunity: Sunflower kernels are rich in vitamin E, zinc, and selenium. The presence of Vitamin E augments immune system functioning and protects the body against infections. Zinc protects the body from inflammation. Antioxidants found in sunflower seeds shield the body from free radicals. Thus, a handful of sunflower seeds can give your immunity an overall boost.
- Reduces Bad Cholesterol: The fibre content found in the seeds minimises the levels of LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) in the blood stream. The presence of vitamin B5, vitamin B3, and niacin increases levels of HDL cholesterol. This helps decrease the risk of heart disease.
- Good for Heart Health: Seeds are loaded with oleic and linoleic acids. These are low in saturated fat and sodium content. They have magnesium, phosphorus, and fibre. All these help lower blood pressure and serum cholesterol levels. So, the consumption of sunflower seeds protects the body against cardiovascular diseases.
- Augments Brain Function: Vitamin B6 found in these tiny seeding improves mood and concentration power and enhances memory. It also releases serotonin and norepinephrine in the body. When you experience bouts of stress or anxiety, sunflower seeds are your go-to option.
- Weight Management: The protein and fibre in it keeps you full for a long time. This way, you are less vulnerable to mindless snacking and consume fewer calories, which helps with weight management. Also, to avoid eating junk, indulge in savoury and healthful snacking with GOODB sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, mix seeds, and other varieties.
- Storehouse of Energy: Thiamine, or vitamin B1, found in sunflower seeds helps to convert carbohydrates, proteins, and fats found in food into energy. Eating sunflower seeds can give you energy to work and play all day. It is useful in muscle building.
- Detoxifying Qualities: Seeds of the sunflower have an antibacterial action on the body. They flush toxins from the body and are highly effective at expelling germs and bacteria from the cells. A clean body radiates health from within.
- Healthy Skin: The antibacterial and antifungal functions of it keeps the skin clear. The oleic and linoleic acids promote collagen production. Thus, the skin benefits of sunflower seeds are a good reason to incorporate them into your diet regimen.
- Useful for Pregnant Women: These are a good source of vitamin E, a nutrient beneficial for pregnant women. Vitamin E helps in the development of the baby inside the womb. After consultation with the doctor, expecting mothers can have sunflower seeds.
Sunflower seeds can do wonders for your health and well-being. Consuming these on a regular basis is a win-win!!