PANEER KI KHEER
Paneer ki kheer is an innovative sweet dish which is also known as Paneer Payasam or Chenna Kheer. Moreover, it is an alternate to the traditional kheer recipe. If you are fond of kheer and lack time to prepare it, then try this easy and quick recipe. It takes only 20 minutes to prepare Paneer ki kheer, unlike the traditional kheer.
What’s more? The recipe is a perfect fit for health-conscious people. For those who are diabetic and can’t eat sweets, this recipe is a must-try. Besides, there is no sugar used in the recipe.
Alternatively, good quality organic honey like Goodb is added as a sweetener to enhance the taste and also add nutritional value.
You will require the following ingredients to prepare this dish:
- 1 kilogram milk
- 50 grams of rice
- 500 grams of paneer
- Goodb Honey
- 2-3 spoons of Custard Powder (as per wish for taste)
- 100 grams of nuts like almonds (chopped)
Follow these easy steps to cook your bowl of lip-smacking Paneer ki Kheer:
- Take about 50 grams of rice and soak it for 2-3 hours.
- In a pan, take 1kg of milk and considerably heat it. Keep on boiling the milk on low flame until 700-750 grams of milk remain.
- After this, add 2-3 spoons of custard powder to the milk and properly mix it.
- Next, take the soaked rice, mash it properly and add it to the milk.
- Now mash the paneer and add it to the prepared milk.
- Let it cook nicely for 5 minutes.
- On the other hand, grab some nuts and finely crush them. Once done, add it to the milk.
- Then heat it for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add honey to the milk as a sweetener. Use Goodb honey for an enhanced flavour.
- Garnish the dish with some nuts and serve it hot.
Points To Consider
Here are a few points that you can consider while preparing the dish:
- Avoid the use of sugar for a conscious healthy choice.
- Use honey as a substitute for it. You can also use honey as a dressing over the Paneer ki Kheer if you like sweeter.
- Adding honey as a topping also adds a rich decadent flavour to the dish.